Sunday, August 24, 2008

MUCH better day today

Hola todos!

Today we looked at an apartment at 12:30. It was on a nice street right off the Metro stop. It was a nice new building with a security station right inside. The apartment was small, but the girl seemed very nice and very laid back. the room was small but it had a door to an "interior balcony" so it was outside, but surrounded by walls and there's no view or anything. good for drying clothes though.

Megan and I wasted the next hour or so at a cafe, in a little store, and finding our way to our next appointment which was at 2 oclock, just a bit north of my first one. I REALLY like this one. The girl's name is Laura (I think) and her roommate is Olga, and they are both 23 or 25 and work. There is another roommate, some boy, I didn't catch his name, who is a student. The room has a window into the area where the laundry machine is, which is weird, but then at least i can just toss my laundry right into my room. It is 370 Euros a month which includes WiFi internet, gas, electric, water, etc. They were so friendly too! They were like "yeah, you're renting the room, but it's your apartment too. " and "yea...you don't have to just live in your room...like the kitchen is yours, and we are all always out in the living room talking at night. and during the week we all work and go to school...but the weekend...we don't really care what goes on"

So that is my new favorite. Megan and Mark and I are still looking at one tomorrow that has several rooms available, but I like that the one I saw today is 3 other young people who only speak spanish.

Now we are starting our homework that has been sitting for 3 days and cleaning up our room. :-* gotta go, besos a todos


The one I liked today
AND
where it is located in relation to school


The one for tomorrow
AND
Where is is located in relation to school


Ciao!!!

2 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

How is the apt hunting going? I've been having trouble posting a comment, we'll see if this gets through xoxo MOM

Vicky Hunt said...

I'm looking forward to another update and some more pictures! You're doing a great job! Love, MOM xoxox