Thursday, August 21, 2008

The food here is gross

Ok, well really I just mean in the dorm where we are staying. The food everywhere else is pretty good, but way to expensive. So we are surviving on overboiled, baby food type vegetables, bread and olive oil, and my favorite, left over surprise. ('que carne tiene, eso?' 'todo') ...('what meat is in that' 'every kind') ...That is what the server lady said to me. And we are only allowed to take one croissant at breakfast, it isn't all you can eat. (oh weird...am i just used to that because i am an american???) haha...

anyway. The big event now is to find a place to live when my time here in el carcel (the jail cell) is up. I have been looking on cragslist and loquo.com for some apartments in Gracia and L'Eixample, which are neighborhoods close to barcelona. Here are some links that I am looking into:

http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/774471602.html
http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/785587849.html
http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/763438994.html
http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/783558319.html
http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/806092925.html
http://barcelona.es.craigslist.es/roo/781341546.html

If you want to look at them (most are in spanish, some have english with it) ... i think you will have to copy and paste into address bar, or they won't be links.




This is the neighborhood right by my school.




So anyway, that's that. It's scary and hard, and no one has emailed me back, so i think i might have to actually make a call! Yikes!

Well today was the last day of classes for the week. Things are fine. I'm starting to recognize landmarks and actually learn my way home from my metro stop. (its a big step, trust me). I dunno what else. I'd really like more emails from everyone! my inbox is so sad and lonely!! keep me posted on anything new. any kinds of note is appreciated so my box doesnt say 0 when i log in :-(

Muchos besos.

Karen

No comments: