Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's not time to make a change...

...Just relax, take it easy. You're still young. That's your fault.
There's so much you have to go through...
Father and Son - Cat Stevens
This is my current favorite song :-)



I spent last weekend in Madrid with Mark and Megan and Kristie and Matt. We stayed in a hostel with 3 of Mark's friends and I met up with Kristie and Matt Friday and Saturday night by meeting "by the bear statue in Plaza del Sol" :-)

The bus ride was long, but for the first half I had the 2 seats to myself, which was nice. We also got headphones and a few channels, like on airplanes, and one of them was playing an awesome arrangement of 80s and 90s American songs. So we had fun with that. On Saturday, Megan and Mark and I traveled to El Escorial, a huge palace/monastary/school thing that we've been studying in art history.

All in all it was a pretty fun weekend, and I enjoyed my time drinking with Kristie and Matt the most :) This included all sorts of fun incidents like shattered ash trays, pitchers of sangria, side streets, paella, tapas, and discussions about the "meaning of names" ;-)


You can view other recent pictures from Madrid HERE.

Sunday morning Megan and I went to the Prado museum and enjoyed more art from our art history class. Our bus left at 2:30 and we got back to Barcelona around 10:30.

I'm feelin very good and happy/calm. I feel so lucky to be here and to have this opportunity. Even though it's really hard sometimes, my hard days are still better than people's good days in Champaign/ Urbana!! I feel very thankful to have all of your love and support and have recently been very thankful for good health, and that as far as I know, everyone is doing well back home.

please keep in touch with me and don't hesitate to send me anything. I will enjoy any plain scribbled letter, greeting card, package of random things, postcards/etc. Anything to fill that little mailbox!

xoxo best to all

Love Karen

Karen Hunt
Centro California/Illinois
Universitat de Barcelona
Facultat de FilologĂ­a
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585
08007 Barcelona, SPAIN

No comments: