Sunday, September 14, 2008

one month down...

Well I have now been living in Barcelona for a month. I've been thinking about it all day and I still can't decide if time as crept by or if it is flying by. It has been such a stressful and hectic month that sometimes it feels like it has just been dragging on. But I've also had a lot of fun-- and I can't believe my ILP classes are over, I'm living in an apartment, and starting at the UB tomorrow!!! So it is a jumble of feelings.

It is 8:00 pm here. No one is in my apartment... I think Alejandro said he was going to pick up his uncles. But my roommates speak really fast Mexican Spanish so I pretty much never understand them. If I'm really in the mood I'll slow them down and we'll figure it out. We had a fiesta here on Friday night to welcome me to the piso. It was fun-- my 2 roommates, 2 of their friends, a few of my friends, and a few friends of friends, etc. Yesterday Megan and I spent the day recovering from the party and then hanging out at her piso. Her Italian roommate made us some delicious pasta. I stayed in last night and spent the whole day today cleaning up my room/bathroom, running, laundry, emailing, etc.


Alejandro, Me, Iñaki. Andrea lives with us too, but she was in and out that night.


Here are my friends and I at the fiesta. Megan in the back. Kelly, Abby, Carolyn, Amy...and then me with that ridiculous face in the front. Pepe who was taking the picture kept making me laugh.


Could I possibly be happier to be drinking American beer???? it was a good day... :-D



Here is our group on the last night we were living in the dorms at a Hawaii Bar. Fun times. (and I am excessively leaning as usual...what is with that??)

Well classes start for real tomorrow. I have to go in early to fix my schedule. Long story. U of I basically changed and reconstructed the ENTIRE Spanish major without filling us kids abroad in on the loop. So now we don't know what classes will transfer for what credits....etc. And U of I doesn't care so much. So... There has been a lot of mediocre communication here and there between advisers here and there.. me calling the advisers... No one is really doing their jobs. Typical U of I. But anyway... I should be able to work it out tomorrow.

Well I think I will make dinner or something...I think my roommate went to go pick up his uncles from the airport? We'll see if that ends up being right... :-D

Still haven't gotten any letters or packages!!! In case you forgot:

Karen Hunt
Centro California/Illinois
Universitat de Barcelona
Facultat de Filología
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585
08007 Barcelona, SPAIN

If you do send a package, make sure to mark GIFT as an option, and also write in big letters "Effectos Personales...Sin Valor Commercial" if you can.... avoids the customs hassle.

ok talk to you all soon

WRITE ME BACK!

<3>

No comments: