"Una es mas autentica cuando mas se parece a lo que se ha soñado de si misma"
-Agrado, en Todo Sobre Mi Madre
(you are more authentic the more you resemble what you've dreamed of yourself)
-Agrado, en Todo Sobre Mi Madre
(you are more authentic the more you resemble what you've dreamed of yourself)
It's time to study for finals, so of course I am updating my blog. I have a pretty good start on an 8 page paper for my 20th Century Lit class, that is due on Tuesday as a supplement to the final we will be taking as well. On Monday I have my Spanish History final and my Spanish Cinema final at which time I have to turn in another 10 page paper, and on Wednesday, my Spanish Art Final. And then 2 weeks off! I'm thinking of visiting an old U of I rugby girl who is now living in Edinburgh, Scotland. I'd like to see Berlin too, and I don't really know what anyone else's plans are. It might be time for me to go on an adventure by myself!
I had a rugby game today, in Girona. We won 20 something to 0 and I scored once. Had some good tackles and some horribly missed ones :( but the tackles I made were important in stopping the other team from scoring and earning some penalties in our favor, so that's good at least. I started at wing and when one of the centers was hurt I moved to outside center for about 30 minutes. I had a nice ride home, 1/2 being overwhelmed and not understanding any catalán, and 1/2 having some good convo with the girls I was riding with. Besides a scraped up and bruised leg from sliding in the try zone, no injuries to speak of.
Besides being worried about money like everyone else and having a dirty room and dirty apartment and lots of studying to do and lots of extra pounds (or kilos!) after the holidays... everything is OK here. I would love to come home now, but I know I need SO much more practice so I am glad that I am here for the year, even though I miss USA stuff. I just have to keep telling myself that.
Also, my stupid computer is only playing sound out of headphones now. not cool.
Dan is in the middle of moving his life from his friend Kyle's garage up to a place in Parachute, which I still don't know the address of or where it is. He is also getting started with work in that district so is dealing with tons of emails about regulations and a bunch of professional stuff that I don't understand! (He's so smart!)
I think that's all I'll say for now. Hope everyone's new year is going well. I have about 16 more pages to write for my papers. :-( someone do it for meeeeeeughhhhhh!!
Love to all!!!! I MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
xoxo
Karen
I had a rugby game today, in Girona. We won 20 something to 0 and I scored once. Had some good tackles and some horribly missed ones :( but the tackles I made were important in stopping the other team from scoring and earning some penalties in our favor, so that's good at least. I started at wing and when one of the centers was hurt I moved to outside center for about 30 minutes. I had a nice ride home, 1/2 being overwhelmed and not understanding any catalán, and 1/2 having some good convo with the girls I was riding with. Besides a scraped up and bruised leg from sliding in the try zone, no injuries to speak of.
Besides being worried about money like everyone else and having a dirty room and dirty apartment and lots of studying to do and lots of extra pounds (or kilos!) after the holidays... everything is OK here. I would love to come home now, but I know I need SO much more practice so I am glad that I am here for the year, even though I miss USA stuff. I just have to keep telling myself that.
Also, my stupid computer is only playing sound out of headphones now. not cool.
Dan is in the middle of moving his life from his friend Kyle's garage up to a place in Parachute, which I still don't know the address of or where it is. He is also getting started with work in that district so is dealing with tons of emails about regulations and a bunch of professional stuff that I don't understand! (He's so smart!)
I think that's all I'll say for now. Hope everyone's new year is going well. I have about 16 more pages to write for my papers. :-( someone do it for meeeeeeughhhhhh!!
Love to all!!!! I MISS YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
xoxo
Karen

No comments:
Post a Comment